Ecommerce website design and development for Land’s End Landmark
We were briefed to create a site full of ‘quirky character.’ Big imagery and embedded video content being essential to make an instant impact. It needed to invite people in and inspire them to visit. The home page to be themed depending on the time of year switching between the family and traditional markets or between spring, summer, autumn & winter).
The website is adaptive and works across all platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile). A bespoke content management system was developed covering the news, events, image gallery and testimonial sections.
Land’s End Landmark consists of various attractions, accommodation and eateries such as Land’s End Hotel, Saddle & Stablerooms apartments, First & Last Inn Traditional Pub, 4D Cinema, Arthur’s Quest interactive attraction and the new Aardman Animations ‘Shaun the Sheep’ Workshop.
Landmark Lounge section
- Similar to an old curiosity shop – chill out in the landmark lounge.
- Full of quirky facts and interactivity to entertain and increase dwell time, such as:
- 41 things that only Cornish people would understand!
- How Cornish are you? Take our test!
- Watch our videos!
Interactive ‘Plan Your Visit’ section
- Bespoke itineraries based on:
- Half day, full day, whistle stop tour, short break and week-long stay options.
- Family, young couple or traditional couple options.
- Linked to LE Activities, accommodation preference & things to do in the surrounding area for longer stays.
Plan your Eat section
- Search by price, food type etc.
- Incorporate LE, LE Hotel and First & Last Inn.
- Submit your review of LE
- Once approved by the LE team, a CMS testimonial page
Customer photo upload section
- Photo upload page
- Linked to a public gallery