Ecommerce website design and development for Lightwater Valley
Lightwater Valley is a Theme Park set in 175 acres of North Yorkshire countryside. CQ2 were given the brief to redesign and develop their existing website to coincide with the Park’s 2015 Easter opening.
The new creative for the website and other marketing material captures the fun and energy of the Park and heavily focuses on social media to engage the user. The site features a new content management system and is fully responsive working across all mobile and tablet devices.
Lightwater Valley has over 40 rides and attractions, ranging from thrill rides such as The Ultimate, Falls of Terror for the more modest thrill-seekers and small rides such as Dragon Boats for the park’s young visitors. Lightwater Valley categorise their attractions into three groups – Ultimate Adventures (suitable from 9-adults), Mega Adventures (suitable from 5–9 years) and Mini Adventures (suitable for 2–5 years). This helps establish what rides are suitable for visitors and the expected height restriction for each. The theme park has a total of five rollercoasters, two water rides and various flat rides.
A modern & vibrant, CMS-driven website that:
- Builds-on existing branding and sits within the same creative direction as the 2015 creative ‘Aftershock’ refresh.
- Encompasses large eye-catching photography, moving imagery and interactivity throughout.
- Ultimately makes people want to visit and encourages online booking.
A resort website that incorporates 5 key elements into a single web portal:
- Lightwater Valley Theme Park
- Angry Birds Activity Park
- Lightwater Falconry
- Lightwater Shopping Village
- Lightwater holiday village (the ability to bolt-on further functionality & an online accommodation booking system when launched.
A CMS driven website that allows for the quick and easy adaptation of all text and imagery across the site as well as incorporating:
- CMS driven news, events, special offers, visitor information & recruitment sections.
- CMS driven booking system with the ability to add & remove ticket and product types, change pricing and add/remove booking dates.
An e-commerce website that incorporates theme park online ticket & gift voucher sales that link with the current CRM system.
Shopping Village event bookings and online registration for free events. The ability to link with the existing CRM system and include events such as the Gruffalo Weekend and Santa weekends.
Shopping village loyalty card registration.